The UNHCR Representation in Bangladesh
VACANCY NOTICE VA/TA/013/2018
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
UNHCR Bangladesh invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
|Title of the Post||:||Assistant Cash Based Interventions (CBI) Officer|
|Location||:||UNHCR Sub Office, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh|
|Number of vacancies||:||1|
|Date of Entry on Duty||:||as soon as possible|
|Category and Level||:||National Officer – NOA (Temporary Appointment)|
|Closing Date||:||13 May 2018|
The position is supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor. The position may directly supervise some support staff.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
- Relevant linkages are developed with the private sector to promote innovation/synergies and advocate for access for refugees to already available services in Bangladesh. The Office has reliable and up-to-date data on persons of concern.
- Standard and ad-hoc reports are produced. Trends and patterns of data are analysed and interpreted.
- CBIs are consistently considered as a response option across both camps and out-of-camps operations, while being carefully weighed against the prevailing political context. CBIs are feasible, appropriate, technically-sound, cost-effective, innovative, sustainable and complimentary to other forms of assistance. Where applicable, this is done in close partnership with WFP, UNICEF and/or other partners.
- CBIs are designed and implemented according to UNHCR guidelines and good practice established, with the overall objective of contributing to the well-being of beneficiaries. Strong technical expertise and support on all aspects is provided.
- UNHCR CBI Unit is in the process of establishing close links with the relevant Ministries and local authorities, for both beneficiaries identification and extension of financial support in both camps settings and host communities
- UNHCR CBI Unit is pivotal in ensuring a good understanding of Social Safety Nets programmes among the members of the Cash Working Group in Dhaka and Cox bazar and other relevant Inter-agency groups.
- Liaise and actively link with national agencies and stakeholders engaged in Government of Bangladesh Social Safety Nets.
- Liaise with key national institutions and Implementing Partners involved in the delivery of UNHCR Cash Based Intervention(s).
- Draft CBI Unit contributions to the reporting requirements for UNHCR Bangladesh operations.
- Support the drafting of UNHCR Partnership Agreement(s) and agreement with Financial Service Providers, provide technical support to other units and partners as requested by the Senior CBI Officer.
- Support the monitoring of UNHCR CBI activities for Bangladesh, including through the promotion and/or participation to regular monitoring missions. Assess the implementation of assistance projects through managing the post distribution monitoring exercises and ensure adequate quality control of the assessments.
- Periodically analyse the results of UNHCR monitoring exercises to highlight any issues for immediate follow up by CBI Unit.
- Support the development of eligibility targeting models for cash assistance for UNHCR-Bangladesh, following the applicable procedures and policies.
- Support the integration of UNHCR CBI activities within the Refugee Assistance Information System (RAIS) and/or other intended platforms for ticketing system and referral module for CBI interventions and other core UNHCR activities.
- Provide ad-hoc support for / represent UNHCR into the Cash Working Group meetings, Food Security/livelihoods Working Group Meetings as applicable.
- Support the development and dissemination of policies, operational guidance, instructions, tools and analytical frameworks aimed at ensuring the technical integrity of cash-based programmes, building on existing guidance and tools wherever possible.
- Liaise with technical sectors and protection colleagues in the country office to integrate CBIs into existing approaches, tools and strategies.
- Engage with multi-functional teams implementing CBIs, including active participation and support in coordination of the CBI internal multifunctional team; facilitate capacity strengthening of programme, protection, ICT, finance/admin, supply/procurement personnel on various aspects of CBIs.
- Sustain and expand a network of strategic and operational partners (incl. UN agencies, INGOs, research institutions, private entities) to ensure complementarity and efficiency and share lessons learned.
- Represent UNHCR at the cash-assistance related meetings.
- Provide technical support on overall strategy, design, implementation and reporting on CBIs, with specific focus on activities related to hosting communities
- Make judgments on the quality of project proposals coming from implementing partners.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Develop improvements to the database and related workflows.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Economics, Social Sciences or a related field plus minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.(Advanced University degree and/or Master’s degree may be considered towards work experience)
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of local language and local institutions, with specific focus on those responsible for GoB Social Safety Nets
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Managing Performance
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Strategic Planning and Vision
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
Submission of application:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit their applications with complete Personal History Form and Supplementary Pages via online UNHCR Bangladesh Job Portal www.unhcr.io/jobs.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for an interview and written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Deadline for submission of application: 13 May 2018.